Monday, April 28, 2014

More Photos from the Dogwood Parade


President Fran Lawrence lets visitors on the Red Pirogue before the parade.


As the Red Pirogue launched, we passed a group of Clydesdales


Like all good explorers, Hermi had brought a snack along for the ride.


A bumblebee stayed on my hand as I waved to the crowds.  At one point, it clutched to my finger as if its legs had suction cups on them.


Fran Lawrence, Chauncy Hutter and Chauncey's eleven-year-old granddaughter Hermi


John Conover's three-year-old granddaughter brought along a plastic explorer's knife and wore a hat with feathers.




My godson could be seen in the Charlottesville marching band.


We make the uphill climb thank to Digs Inc.!


Nat Bryant, Hermi, and I stood at the front of the boat waving.


A backward look at the crew...


Cotton candy for sale.


We make the turn towards High Street.


As we complete our journey, the Clydesdales are right there with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment